LOS SANTOS
FIRE DEPARTMENT

FIRE CHIEF
Kaitlyn Myers
Los Santos Fire Headquarters
1282 Sunset Avenue
Downtown Los Santos
Los Santos 206
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Los Santos Fire Department’s Ridealong Program. This program gives regular citizens, members of the press, and members of law-enforcement agencies the opportunity to spend a shift with one of our Firefighter-EMTs, and get a better understanding of their day-to-day duties.

PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
  • Must present legal identification.
  • Must be eighteen years or older.
  • Must be in decent physical shape.
  • Must not have a criminal record (beyond minor traffic offenses and minor, non-violent misdemeanors).
  • Must not have any weapons on his or her person for the duration of the ridealong.
  • May not partake in any field activities or duties.
  • Must follow the instructions of their assigned Firefighter-EMT/Paramedic to ensure their own safety.
  • All riders must agree to not publicly discuss the names of persons involved or any sensitive information witnessed on the ridealong. It is vital that statements or information on your ridealong be held confidential. No video, photographic, or recording devices are allowed without permission. Note taking is permitted for educational purposes.
  • The Firefighter-EMT that you accompany is responsible for you throughout the duration of the ridealong. They are not liable for any injury sustained that did not result from his or her own negligence.
  • A pat down must be performed for our employee's safety, and you must sign a waiver which excludes the LSFD from liability for the duration of the ridealong before you can proceed.

RIDEALONG PROCESS:
Citizens interested may visit Fire Station 11 between 11:00am and 22:00pm, requesting to speak to a Station Captain. In the event of one not being present at the time, a request via the non-emergency hotline may be attempted. The citizen will then be assessed for suitability and be requested to sign a waiver, provided they meet all requirements listed in the program eligibility criteria. Requests are valid for the duration of one ridealong, and expire at the end of said ridealong.

DISCLAIMER:
Department employees are not obligated to take an you on a ridealong without a written or verbal approval from a Captain or a higher ranking employee. If your ridealong has been approved, they may also terminate the ridealong at any time without a reason given.

(( The following is the waiver which would be given to and signed by your character:
LOS SANTOS
FIRE DEPARTMENT

FIRE CHIEF
Kaitlyn Myers
Los Santos Fire Headquarters
1282 Sunset Avenue
Downtown Los Santos
Los Santos 206
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
  • I, [Full Name of Participant], residing at [Address], hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms set forth in this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk ("Waiver") before participating in a ridealong with the Los Santos Fire Department ("LSFD").

1. Assumption of Risk: I understand and acknowledge that participating in a ridealong with the LSFD involves certain risks, including but not limited to, the potential for personal injury, property damage, or death. I voluntarily assume all risks associated with my participation in the ridealong program and understand that the LSFD cannot guarantee my safety or prevent accidents from occurring.

2. Physical Condition: I hereby certify that I am physically and mentally fit to participate in the ridealong program. I have not been advised against participating by a medical professional, and I am not currently under the influence of drugs or alcohol that may impair my ability to participate safely.

3. Release and Waiver: In consideration of being permitted to participate in the ridealong program, I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the City of Los Santos, the Los Santos Fire Department, their officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and any other individuals or entities associated with the LSFD (collectively referred to as "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my property while participating in the ridealong program.

4. Indemnification: I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, expenses, damages, or liabilities, including attorney's fees, arising out of or related to my participation in the ridealong program.

5. Medical Treatment: I understand and agree that in the event of any injury or illness that may occur during my participation in the ridealong program, the LSFD may provide reasonable medical treatment or arrange for medical care. I further understand that I am solely responsible for any costs associated with such medical treatment.

6. Confidentiality: I acknowledge that during the ridealong program, I may be exposed to confidential information, including but not limited to, patient medical records, personal information, or operational procedures. I agree to maintain the confidentiality of all such information and not disclose it to any third parties without prior written consent from the LSFD.

I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK, UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN IT WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS SIGNIFICANCE.

Applicant's signature:
    Date: DD/MMM/YYYY
))